NOTICE!

For some reason I can add sidebars, but not new posts. Please check back later. I have been working on a variety of things including switching my blog soon from this one, which was set up with my now-defunct West Wisconsin Telcom account. I hope to have my new blog through Gmail up soon. I will provide a link and announcement when I've got everything straight. 7/2/11




Friday, January 4, 2008

Fellowships, grants and contests for writers: January deadlines



I've just posted a number of new fellowships, grants and contests for all types of writers, including poets, fiction writers, creative non-fiction, translators, and essayists. Some are for writers who haven't published, and some are for works published in 2007. A sampling of ones I think sound really fun are the University of East Anglia fellowships for residencies in England, the Geothe-Institut for German translators to go to Berlin, and the University of New Orleans' study-abroad. Scoll down to The Money Corner to see further information and links. Note that the deadline for the Wisconsin Wrights play contest has been extended to January 14. And by the way, let me know if you win any of the prizes for contests, grants and fellowships that I've posted here. Good luck!

No comments: