NOTICE!

For some reason I can add sidebars, but not new posts. Please check back later. I have been working on a variety of things including switching my blog soon from this one, which was set up with my now-defunct West Wisconsin Telcom account. I hope to have my new blog through Gmail up soon. I will provide a link and announcement when I've got everything straight. 7/2/11




Friday, January 25, 2008

Recently read: Elizabeth George’s What Came Before He Shot Her



Elizabeth George is a master of well-written suspense books. With this book, she takes good writing to a whole new level. If you haven’t read George’s previous novel, With No One As Witness, you MUST read that book first. What Came Before He Shot Her provides the background to the earlier one. In it, George takes a very unappealing protagonist and through masterful writing, insight, and brilliant characterization, creates a person who you do not want to feel sorry for, and yet you do. You know how the book will end, yet you want to shout warnings, you want to somehow help, and you want to reach out and yank the person into a new world. Read both these books. NOW.

No comments: