NOTICE!

For some reason I can add sidebars, but not new posts. Please check back later. I have been working on a variety of things including switching my blog soon from this one, which was set up with my now-defunct West Wisconsin Telcom account. I hope to have my new blog through Gmail up soon. I will provide a link and announcement when I've got everything straight. 7/2/11




Tuesday, January 29, 2008

January 29 is National Puzzle Day



Sudoku image from Wikipedia

Today is National Puzzle Day. In honor of the occasion, be sure to scroll down to the jigsaw puzzle in this blog. Other ways to celebrate include doing crossword puzzles (my father’s favorite), and Sudoku number puzzles (invented in 1979 by an American, but became popular in Japan in 1986, where it was given the name Sudoku). Puzzles are not only fun, but because there are various skills levels for each kind, people enjoy the challenge. Studies over the years have indicated that dedication to mental puzzles help maintain one’s mental acuity. And, of course, they are a good way to kill time—should you have too much.

No comments: