NOTICE!

For some reason I can add sidebars, but not new posts. Please check back later. I have been working on a variety of things including switching my blog soon from this one, which was set up with my now-defunct West Wisconsin Telcom account. I hope to have my new blog through Gmail up soon. I will provide a link and announcement when I've got everything straight. 7/2/11




Friday, January 11, 2008

Recently read: Lynne Perrella’s al-pha-bet-i-ca



This book is an excellent resource, as stated by its subtitle of “An A-Z Creativity Guide for Collage and Book Artists." Beautifully printed and loaded with illustrations and photographs, you can read it straight through, or dip into it as needed. Perrella provides ideas like how to reclaim discarded art, projects like altering an old lunch box, advice on design concepts such as grids to help with composition, and explanations of things like using gesso. Almost every page has a “Try this” note that gives suggestions for applying the current topic. A visual treat, even if you have no interest in collage art (and I bet you’ll want to try doing some after seeing this book). Her web site is also inspiring at http://www.lkperrella.com/

No comments: