NOTICE!

For some reason I can add sidebars, but not new posts. Please check back later. I have been working on a variety of things including switching my blog soon from this one, which was set up with my now-defunct West Wisconsin Telcom account. I hope to have my new blog through Gmail up soon. I will provide a link and announcement when I've got everything straight. 7/2/11




Saturday, March 15, 2008

The Ides of March


Nowadays, we all know about the Ides of March. This is because of Shakespeare’s famous line from his play, Julius Caesar. In fact, the Roman calendar included Ides for every month. In March, May, July and October, the Ides were on the 15th. In the other months, the Ides were on the 13th. And this year, some cities, like Minneapolis, have switched St. Patrick’s Day to the Ides. This is only temporary, though. Can’t have a parade tie up traffic on Monday!

No comments: