NOTICE!

For some reason I can add sidebars, but not new posts. Please check back later. I have been working on a variety of things including switching my blog soon from this one, which was set up with my now-defunct West Wisconsin Telcom account. I hope to have my new blog through Gmail up soon. I will provide a link and announcement when I've got everything straight. 7/2/11




Friday, March 14, 2008

Recently read: Rice Freeman-Zachery’s Living the Creative Life



This is a lovely little book that is as inspiring to just stare at as it is to read. Freeman-Zachery has gathered together wisdom and artwork from more than a dozen artists who represent visual art ranging from beadwork to bookbinding to sculpture. Together they take the reader through discussions such as “What is creativity anyway?” and how to set up your work space. There is practical advice on marketing and commissions, as well as “Try This” suggestions in every chapter. Beautifully printed, each page is a work of art in and of itself. This book should be on all creative people’s bookshelves.

No comments: