NOTICE!

For some reason I can add sidebars, but not new posts. Please check back later. I have been working on a variety of things including switching my blog soon from this one, which was set up with my now-defunct West Wisconsin Telcom account. I hope to have my new blog through Gmail up soon. I will provide a link and announcement when I've got everything straight. 7/2/11




Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Try your hand at six-word memoirs



Alice’s six-word memoir could be “Falling down hole changed life forever.”

My online Wisconsin Public Radio newsletter the other day had a great article about a recent Talk of the Nation show that I had missed. Using EXACTLY six words, write your life story. Apparently this originated with the online magazine, Smith. I, of course, tried my hand:

  • Writer keeps wandering off the trail

  • Woman writer seeking meaning and money

  • Too many interesting paths to follow

  • Dancing with words but can’t sing

  • When am I really grown up?

Go to either the Smith site at http://www.smithmag.net/ or the NPR website to find samples—many are hilarious, some are poignant, and some are puzzling.

No comments: