NOTICE!

For some reason I can add sidebars, but not new posts. Please check back later. I have been working on a variety of things including switching my blog soon from this one, which was set up with my now-defunct West Wisconsin Telcom account. I hope to have my new blog through Gmail up soon. I will provide a link and announcement when I've got everything straight. 7/2/11




Wednesday, March 5, 2008

March 6: National Frozen Food Day



Clarence Birdseye founded the frozen food industry and established his company in 1922.

Yep, pop that bag of frozen veggies in your microwave and do your patriotic duty this Thursday! Congress, in Senate Joint Resolution 193, designated March 6, 1984 as “Frozen Food Day.” President Ronald Reagan, in Proclamation #5157, proclaimed it to be a national day of recognition and celebration. I must say I haven’t seen any Frozen Food Day cards in my local stores, but you can rustle up a custom e-card to send to your friends and family. And be sure to eat some ice cream in honor of the day.

No comments: