NOTICE!

For some reason I can add sidebars, but not new posts. Please check back later. I have been working on a variety of things including switching my blog soon from this one, which was set up with my now-defunct West Wisconsin Telcom account. I hope to have my new blog through Gmail up soon. I will provide a link and announcement when I've got everything straight. 7/2/11




Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Recently read: Cartwright and Fishburn’s In This Garden



This delightful art book by Angela Cartwright (yes, it’s her—from Make Room for Daddy and Lost in Space) and Sarah Fishburn provides inspiration and instruction for mixed media artists. Beautifully illustrated and laid out, the authors provide a combination of art advice and gardening lore. Thirteen artists are featured with their three-dimensional representations of imaginary gardens, including descriptions of how they achieved their effects. Inspiring and entertaining. I can’t wait to start my own garden, with a gate that opens into my own magic world.

No comments: