NOTICE!

For some reason I can add sidebars, but not new posts. Please check back later. I have been working on a variety of things including switching my blog soon from this one, which was set up with my now-defunct West Wisconsin Telcom account. I hope to have my new blog through Gmail up soon. I will provide a link and announcement when I've got everything straight. 7/2/11




Friday, July 31, 2009

Recently read: Minette Walters’ The Devil’s Feather



Walters is one of my favorite authors and many of her books rank close to the masterly novels of Ruth Rendell writing as Barbara Vine. This one is about a female journalist whose encounter in Baghdad with a mercenary has her tight-lipped and fleeing for home, where she tries to keep her hiding place secret. As is usual with Walters, the plot is complex, the characters deep, the action well paced, and the psychological horror depicted fully. Don’t start this book when you have anything scheduled or too late at night—it is VERY hard to put down once you begin it!

No comments: